Friday, November 20, 2020

Beaujolais nouveau celebration

One week before Thanksgiving,
we usually celebrate the arrival of Beaujolais Nouveau,
this year new wine from France.
You can read Wikipedia view here:
Beaujolais nouveau est arrive!

I was a little concerned that with France being on lockdown,
the wine would not be available,
but it is here and we are enjoying it!


For the occasion, I made up 2 serving boards:
a cheese tray and a charcuterie tray.
At our house those 2 things do not mix!
This vegetarian doesn't like her cheeses to touch any meat product...

For le plateau de fromages,
I put some Brie, Roquefort, goat cheese in herbes de Provence,
and Asiago, with some lovely crackers, grapes, apricots, pomegranate seeds,
fig jam and some slices of walnut raisin bread from our local French bakery.


For le plateau de charcuterie,
I put 2 different salami and some pate,
with the same crackers, grapes, cornichons, pomegranate seeds,
dry figs and rosemary.


We had a great evening enjoying the new wine,
Brick Master tried it but did not like it,
Miss C. did not try, but they both enjoyed the food
and the cultural aspect of the event!




from 2010: Beaujolais nouveau


from 2018: acorn Beaujolais nouveau


from 2019: cheese straw Beaujolais nouveau





Happy Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...