Sunday, November 25, 2018

a bunch of fabric acorns

Lately, I have been very inspired/interested by acorns!
There are perfect for fall and Christmas decor:


here in use with Beaujolais Nouveau, the wine from last summer (2018),
it is always my go-to wine for Thanksgiving since it is released the week before,
one week exactly (3rd Thursday of November)

This little acorn is the great hostess gift on top of the wine:
the wine for now, the acorn for later!

I followed this tutorial by Ellis and Higgs,
it is pretty fast and easy,
and there is a clever trick to avoid any side seams!

I first started making them out of quilting cotton,



but then I started experimenting with my favorites: linen and Liberty of London,
with a touch of felt!

And there are just perfect!

Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...