Friday, December 29, 2023

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot
of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking.
I found it easier to share on Instagram
(not something I thought I would say)

So here is a summary of the best:


And here are some of the details...

I finished a Christmas quilt that started as a mystery quilt over the summer by the Fat quarter shop,
using a softer palette than most traditional Christmas quilt,
and a lot of Liberty of London.


A plaid pattern by Lo & Behold stitchery was released in December, and right away I had to make it,
since I was short on time, I made first the mug rug (which was quite challenging by its small size),
then I made the pillow size, much easier, and just as perfect!


I made 3 felt ornaments, using nice felt from Benzie Design,


Both the dog and cup of cocoa ornaments patterns are from What a curly life,
and the snow globe one is from Simply Eilene .


I baked a few cakes, new and traditional:
Buche de Noel, Gingerbread-cranberry cake
and cranberry bread.


The gingerbread-cranberry cake recipe is from Blue Bowl Recipes.


I embroidered a few signs and lovely lady with dog,
all from Les Brodeuses Parisiennes.



I set up a lovely little cocoa station,
using 2 of the embroideries:



I made some cinnamon salt dough ornaments
to share with friends:


The tutorial is from Miss Mustard Seed.


And finally I sewed a lovely gingerbread apron:


The pattern is from an older book "Retro Aprons" by Cindy Taylor Oates.
I previously made another on in 2011!

Overall a very good December month,
with lots of creativity.

So far my plan for the next year only involve making a larger quilt
out of that upscale plaid pattern.

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...