Monday, December 21, 2020

our first Christmas mantel, with new stockings

After building the fireplace mantel,
I decorated it!
It is my first time working on it,
and it adds a lot of charm to the room:


I sewed some cute stockings, smaller than the regular size
 (there are mostly for décor as the presents are under the tree).
I used some leftover fabric from my Champagne tree skirt:
cotton velvet, fake fur and some part of a blanket.


Hand quilted velvet for me, fake fur for the kids, with some pompoms and lace added,
and a slice of wood with our initials.

I was inspired by PB stockings,
every year they just have the best ones,
like these ones from a couple of years ago:


or these ones from this year:


I think ours are pretty close:


all together on my design board!



and it looks perfect there, next to my vintage reindeer slippers from Lapland,
I actually wore them as a baby!

While it snowed last week,
we still have not made any fire,
so the chairs are still there,
but as soon as the fire will be burning,


they will be turned to face the fire,
definitively on Thursday or Friday!

Here is a reminder of the total transformation:



Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...