Monday, December 19, 2011

sewing doll clothes

For the past few days, I have been making
doll clothes for Miss C. as a Christmas present.


To make them extra special and fun,
I used some of her old clothes and turned them
into doll clothes.

She has loved her "Paris" outfit from Janie and Jack,
she wore it many years, so it was fun to reuse it!
The print for the legging is the right size,
the difficulty was finding enough fabric for the pattern piece
and not too worn out fabric.


For the T-shirt, I used the McCall's pattern 6451.
The scale is a little off, it was difficult to position the pattern piece
to have the appliques at the right place.



The other outfit is also made from Miss C.'s old legging,
she has a wild print obsession!
I reused the legging pattern,
it is an easy project, and it does not need to be perfect,
have you ever check out your kids' legging?
not perfect at all!


The sweater is made from an old sweater of mine that got washed
too many times, and shrink.
I used the Simplicity pattern 4297.
I was able to use the scallop edge of the sweater for the bottom,
the sleeves and the collar.
I also made a little headband with some leftover, perfect to hold back
the doll's hair.


For the scene, I used a bench that I purchased this summer at Michaels,
it is pretty much the right size for the girls.
During the summer, Miss C and I also "planted" some flowers:


We followed these tutorials for the faux dirt
and the faux plants,
it works out very nicely.

I hope she likes these outfits,
they resemble her very much!


Tomorrow (hopefully) I will share
another outfit and something I won!

Happy sewing!






A Crafty Soiree


2 comments:

  1. Oh, they are so sweet! I had great plans to do the same and have been stashing away some of my daughter's older clothes. But, my time to sneak these in has come and gone! Maybe I will just sew them up over the Christmas break. Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn’t nice if you can wear a dress or any clothing that is custom made for you? It is not difficult to learn how to sew a dress. Unlike in ready-to-made clothes, custom made clothes allow you to incorporate desired design, patterns, width, length and etc.

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...