Saturday, December 10, 2011

linen lingerie bag

Last year, I shared how I made lingerie bags,
previous versions here and here.


Well a blog buddy commissioned me to make her 2,
she really liked the use of linen and prints that I have been working on lately,
like these little pouches and linen baskets.


So here is the first one I made for her.
I used linen, hedgehog print and kona cotton.
For the top I cut the print 2 1/2 X 15,
the solid 1 1/4 X 15 (2 of them),
 the linen 2 1/2  15 and 30 X 15.

I sandwiched the print with the solid, then the linen.


Because it is linen, I used some ironed on batting,
then quilted the top, about 1 inch apart, with a 3/8 parallel line,
toward the back I switched to 2 and 3 inch apart, but keeping the 3/8 parallel line.


Once the top was quilted, I followed the rest of the tutorial,
just changing to one button instead of 2.
I used unbleached muslin for the inside.


I think it turned out great,
and she seems pleased with the result!


Tomorrow I will show the other version I made.

Happy sewing!


Positively Splendid


”hbcbutton”


1 comment:

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...