Friday, December 16, 2011

this year Christmas mug rugs

Last year, I made a few mug rugs as presents,
they were cute and successful,
both from a sewing and receiving point of view!
Of course I made some more,
but there are not going to the same people,
no need to worry my friends!

One of my favorites is this one:


little hexagons appliqued to the background.


You might have seen this one earlier here.
This year, instead of stitching the hexagons together, I used wonder under first,
then cut the shape and appliqued them to the background.
With invisible thread, I zigzagged on all the hexagons.
After that I finished the mug rug as usual, and quilted then diagonally.

I also reused the same pattern from last year,
in a very traditional red Christmas/poinsettia fabric.


And it goes so well with the red mittens!
Another addition to the mug rug is of course,
the coffee cozy!


I talked about it during the 12 days of mitten: day 5,
the perfect teacher gift!

And finally, I came up with a simple design:
just bands of background fabric with a print in between.


I think it turned out quite nice!


I am so ready for a nice cup of tea and a slice of panettone!

Happy sewing!







1 comment:

  1. I'm really liking these. The hedgehog is so cute! I think I've seen that fabric before. Do you remember the name? That aqua color is certainly not what I would think of for Christmas, but I've seen it several different places this year, and it's grown on me. It also sounds like you made quite a time saving change on the hexagon pattern using the wonder under. I've never used invisible thread before. I certainly can't see it here. The fabrics on the red, gold and green rug and coffee cozy are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...