Sunday, February 23, 2014

sewing kit

My mom and I like to give each other sewing inspired presents,
like the dress form I made last year for her
or the embroidered little black dress from my mom that is above my dresser.

This year for her birthday,
 I decided to go a very literal way and
to make a little sewing kit.


A few years ago, I made her a very sweet needle book,



so I knew my mom did not "need" something like this again,
even if there is a place for a few pins and needles
in this sewing kit.

I followed this tutorial from Lots of pink here!
For the outside and binding, I chose some quilting cotton,


but for the inside I used our favorite: linen and Liberty of London.
(here are few examples of our passion: fabric basket, library bag)


The linen is a quilting linen (it has some cotton in it,
and it holds its shape much better than regular linen)
I used it before on my new Christmas tree skirt.


It makes a very cute sewing kit,
perfect for going on vacation.

Bon anniversaire Maman!

Happy sewing!

1 comment:

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...