Friday, November 7, 2014

cinnamon roll bread

Ever since I took a French pastry class last fall,
my boss keeps expecting treats, especially for our Monday morning.
While I rebel sometimes, I often bring something homemade.
In the past I have made lemon butter cake (in a loaf form), chocolate fondant,
I realized the easiest one to eat were individual portions that did not require a plate,
or loaf shape goodies that can be cut into slices.

And this is how my traditional Sunday cinnamon rolls were transformed into a bread.
It was perfect to eat and serve, and looked just delicious!


Instead of putting the cinnamon rolls in a circular pan, I used a loaf pan, and put a few extra in it.
After icing the top, I cut it like a bread, making it easier to eat without plate or silverware.


I always go with the classic recipe from Better Home and Gardens, 
you know, the one with the red cover.
It is easy and works every time:
1 cup warm milk, 2 tsp yeast, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup melted butter,
5 cup flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 3 eggs.
Dissolve the yeast in the milk and sugar, then knead everything together.
Let rest 1 1/2 h, roll the dough, brush with butter, cover with cinnamon sugar,
roll, cut and store in the pans overnight.
Let warm to room temperature for 30 min, bake at 375 for about 20-25 min.
Cover with icing (milk, sugar and vanilla)


Of course, it also works well the traditional way, one or may be 2 in a plate, with a fork
and a nice cup of hot chai.


Happy day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...