Thursday, June 22, 2017

a few bookmarks for summer reading

Summer is here, no more school,
no more homework...
Oh wait, scratch that, there is still summer reading....
Well it is more pleasure than homework!

To help everybody feels more engaged in their reading,
I made some cute fabric bookmarks,
mixing fabric, ribbon and stamping,
even faster than machine embroidery!




For Miss C., I made her two versions:


with stamped horses and charms,


it totally helps with the reading!
She finally decided to read Harry Potter, 
and already more than halfway through the second one....

For Brick Master, I revisited the robotic collection that I used for 
his rock climbing bag, but instead of blue,
I used the orange/black version.



just layers of fabric, no stamping or charms,
he does not need these things, of course!




And I also made one for myself in linen, my favorite!


I stamped the background and the old stamp,
and used a Hawaiian label from some Tim Holtz fabric,
the same one I used some my wet bags,
here and here.


Of course, now I dream of reading on the beach.....

Happy sewing!

6 comments:

  1. Love reading, love bookmarks and yours are so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Maria! summer is definitively made for reading. Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, they are actually quite useful and so far durable!

      Delete
  4. These are fantastic! I never think to make such crafty things! I will have to get to work and make some for my daughter who is always using bits and scraps of paper for bookmarks! Great idea!

    ginnie / http://www.fakingitmostly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are a fun project to do, even doable by a child, and maybe a good way to try mom's sewing machine....
      nothing like mixing stamping and sewing, and a few charms!

      Delete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...