Saturday, October 30, 2010

la fee Morgane

Ever wonder how you got your name?
Well, it was easy for me:
 my parents were into the Arthurian cycle,
  fans of Chretien de Troyes,
and I was born in Celtic land!
So yes I was named after Morgan Le fay.


In honor of my name and because it is Halloween,
I will be wearing my midnight blue sorceress dress
with my silver cape!


And if you have seen any of my previous posts about costumes,
( here, here and here)
you can see I take my dressing up very seriously,
well at least the sewing part....
no I am not into reenactment,
I am nerdy enough, just not into it!


which is more Lord of the Ring than King Arthur,
but it felt right.
It is made of crushed velvet, may be not ideal as it stretches a little,
satin, and silver trim.
The cape was made of some synthetic organza,
and finished off with a small silver trim.


Happy sewing!













Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special




Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!





3 comments:

  1. great costume! hope you have a great halloween.
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome costume! But of course, I knew it would be. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great costume! Looks like you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...