Monday, October 25, 2010

a little girl make-up bag

This week end, Miss C. went to a really cool birthday party:
a rock climbing party!
Having spent a few years in Boulder, CO,
I understood her joy and excitement!

I made her girlfriend this cute make-up bag


following this tutorial by Noodlehead.
Her directions are easy to follow.
I had already used one of her tutorial to make this purse for my Mom.


I went with a nice lime green, really a "neutral" color!
I used some little girl friendly prints,
everybody loves hedgehogs and mushrooms, right?! 


 and quilted. The lining is an off-white cotton,
perfect for finding treasures inside.


My daughter chose the make-up:
pink lip gloss and pink eye shadow,
perfect for dressing up and pretending!


Happy sewing!






Blog Button



4 comments:

  1. so cute! what great fabric choices, love those mushrooms especially. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaou ! sympa cette trousse, merci pour le lien !

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adoralbe! I love the mushroom fabric, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. soo cute I absolutely love it I am dying over here without my sewing machine! (my fabulous cousin is borrowing it) I am hand sewing a bunch of little pouches over here just to pass the time but I'm running out of zippers and ideas! Awesome job!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...