Tuesday, October 5, 2010

spinach quiche

it has been cold for the last few days,
we all felt the need of warm food,
so I made everybody's favorite:
spinach quiche!

Even my son who would take corporal punishment
over eating his veggies loves it!
Give it a try, it is good!


 
you will need:
-frozen chopped spinach
-3 eggs
-2 cups of light sour cream
-6 oz of Swiss cheese
-pie crust
-salt, pepper, nutmeg

First I microwave the frozen spinach for 8 minutes (following directions on the package)
and I let it cool, so that I can drain it, and dry it (I do not like wet quiche!)
I mix eggs, sour cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg.
I add about 1/2 of the cheese, stir,
then I add the spinach in clump, and stir it well.
I grease the pie pan and roll the pie crust.
I fill the pan and then sprinkle the rest of the cheese on the top.
I bake it at 425 for about 30 minutes, I like it golden!
It is best to let it rest a few minutes before cutting and eating!

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. yum! I make a diffferent version of that. I put 5 eggs instead of 3, 1 cup of swiss chesse, 1/2 cup of parmesan (half of which I sprinkle on top before baking), and instead of sour cream I add 1 can of evaporated milk, ah! and I also cook a medium onion and add it to the spinach and I also cook some bacon and add it too. It was my husbands recipe and it actually makes 2 (you need 2 pie crusts) and it always comes out delicious! I wish Luca would dare to try it!!

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...