Monday, October 31, 2011

happy Halloween

Today is the day,
happy Halloween!
The pumpkins were carved in front of the fire place
while the snow was falling this week end!
It did not stop the kids from having a good time,
and it made roasting the seeds totally weather appropriate!

I finished Brick Master's knight costume,
within 30 minutes of our departure
for the school party....


His costume is made of many layers:
a "chain mail" shirt,
a tunic and a cape.
The shirt and cape are made from McCall pattern 2854,
a simple pattern.
The shirt is fairly wide, it works well with the
shiny fabric.
The cape is made of felt,
with a top layer around the neck
of pseudo leather,
I was inspired by the capes from
the " Season of the Witch" movie,
obviously not as fancy, but with some extra details!
For the tunic, I made up the pattern,
just a simple sleeveless top made of
drop cloth, my favorite!
It has just the right texture and roughness for a knight.
Of course it would not be perfect without
an emblem: we chose a griffin.
I printed out the design, recopied it on wonder under,
ironed it on green batik,
and very carefully cut it out.
It was ironed on and I free motioned stitched
it to the tunic,
it is the perfect accent
and adds tone of personality to the outfit.



Tonight will be cold,
but Brick Master will be warm under his armor,
now I need to make a cape for Rapunzel,
or Miss C. will be freezing!

Happy trick or treating!

Linked to Skip to my Lou



No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...