Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fall is here!

I finally decorated the house for Fall.
In a new place, it is always hard
to figure out where and how to decorate.

In this house there is no mantel above the fire place,
but there is a side board by the dining room table,
so I decided it would be the perfect place
for a Fall vignette.


I grabbed some large sticks/branches (thanks to the hurricane)
and added some older sunflowers for a touch of color.
The bird cage holds a pumpkin (made here last year)


The table runner is also from last year, it works perfectly here.
The terracotta pumpkin is made for candle, and glow beautifully,
my in-laws brought it back from over sea.

I printed this lovely fall picture from Today's Fabulous Finds,
just the right touch of words!

I also made this cute garland from felt leaves.


I followed a great tutorial but I cannot find from which blog....
I spend a fair amount of time looking for it,
so if anyone knows it, please let me know,
I would like to give credit to the right person!
(I am a RnD scientist, I like when my work is properly referenced!)
Anyway I used my slice cutter for the leaves shapes (paper),
cut one leaf from felt, use a contrasting felt color (without cutting),
free motion stitched both layers together to make stems,
them cut the background felt a little larger.
It went fast and it was fun.
I used a band of drop cloth to make some binding
to attach all the leaves.


It looks much better in real life,
today is a very rainy day...
you can also notice that whoever (previous owner!) painted did a bad job,
which means I will have some more painting to do!!

Overall, I am happy with the result,
Fall is here!


See that cake on the table, just over the quilt?
I will talk about it next time!
Well I am going to have a slice with a nice cup of tea,
yes it is that rainy!

Happy sewing!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...