purple costume done!
I finished the Rapunzel costume
for Miss C. a few days ago,
just in time for the Halloween party last night
It turned out more complex than I thought
and with a lot of details,
so it took a lot longer than planned.
I used the Simplicity pattern 2065,
I modified slightly by making short sleeves
and omitting the over shirt.
In my costume experience, the satin hold up very nicely,
even to intense daily play
but not the organza/chiffon.
This costume, I should say this gown,
is fully lined with tulle on the petticoat.
I used some beautiful velvet for the top,
and satin for the rest of the dress.
The lining is part purple quilting cotton
(left-over from Miss C.'s quilt backing)
and part natural muslin, with 4 yards of tulle.
There is also a lot of lace,
eyelets and pink rattail.
As you can see on the pictures,
she loves it!
yeah for me!
She looked perfect with all the other Rapunzels!
Linked to Skip to my Lou