Friday, March 2, 2012

microwave failure

Last time I wrote about my kitchen work,
I mentioned that I was going to change the microwave,
well as you can tell  from the title,
it did not go well,
at all!

We installed a shelf, with sturdy brackets
and some leftover 3/4 inch melamine (from this project).
That part went well, then I purchased a stainless steal microwave
and put it in place.....
It looked awful, just terrible!
(no picture necessary!)
Luckily I had not remove the older one,
so after much thinking, I returned it, it was not going to happen.


But I liked the shelf, it diminished the trash cans presence,
so we found the perfect use for it:
storage and usage of the Kitchen Aid.
I use it quite often, not having to move from under the countertop would be great,
and as a plus, we have more storage space for pots.


While the Kitchen Aid looked good there,
it felt a little naked and sad all by itself.
So I build 2 small ledges using Ana White' s tutorial.
I originally started them for my sewing room,
but that can wait.
I am now able to store all the baking spices,
baking soda, baking power and sprinkles on the little ledges.
They add function, purpose and color to the corner.


Out of a failure, quite a success!



Happy day!



linked to http://www.addicted2decorating.com



2 comments:

  1. Hi Morgane, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love how you now have a dedicated baking space! Plus if you make a mess you can just sweep it right into the trash, totally brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...