Sunday, August 19, 2012

making a vintage crate with transferred image

A couple of posts ago,
I explained how to transfer images onto wood with contact paper,
which I used to make my vintage French wine tray.

Well after the tutorial, I was left with a nice transfer image (from the Graphics Fairy)
on a piece of 1 X 6.
So I made a box:


I used more 1 X 6 for the other sides,
and a piece of 1/4 " plywood for the bottom.


I reinforced the corners by using some pieces of 1 X 2,
I wanted to make the box like Sandra of Sawdust and Paper Scraps
but I do not have a table saw.


Here is how I used it:
to store soda cans!

I am pleased with how the view has improved!
Now I think I need to make a couple more to keep hiding unsightly goods...

Happy day!

The Graphics Fairy

A Crafty Soiree

 shabby creek cottage

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I must have missed your post about your wine tray - I'm going to check it out now! Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how this turned out and what a clever use for the box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love what you did with this old crate! Beautiful job! Hopped over from Brag Monday and I'm happy to be your newest follower. Would love to have you stop by for a visit! Blessings ~ Judy @ www.vintagestreetdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...