Monday, May 23, 2016

paper pieced butterfly

Now that I am done with the calendar kids quilt,
I do not want to start a large project,
just small scale quilting!
It had been quite a while since I had done any paper piecing,
so when I saw these cute (and free!) paper pieced butterfly pattern by Lillyella
I jumped to the opportunity to sew one: 


I truly enjoy the accuracy and precision of this technique.
I played with a Liberty of London print to make beautiful wings on my butterfly,
with a mixture of pink/purple.


It turned out pretty good,
and I know exactly where this cutie is going to go...

Happy sewing!



2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is so pretty! I have to admit when I saw the first pic, I was like, what????? I have no idea how that turned into a butterfly! It's like magic! LOL! So cool! Great work!

    ginnie / www.fakingitmostly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. too funny Ginnie! I know it is like puzzle, it always seems like it is never going to work out!

      Delete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...