Wednesday, August 25, 2010

lavender pillow

A few weeks ago I shared with you the harvest of my lavender


and the fabrication of scented sachets.

Well I just received the newest PB catalog
and of course it is full of lavender!


No wonder I am, like a lot people(!), a fan of their stuff!
Who is copying who?
Please do not answer that!

There are a few cute pillows
and this one really caught my eye:


so beautiful, embroidered on linen!

So of course I had to make my own version
as I have done with the olive pillows.
See why there was no need to answer the previous question!



I drew some simple lavender stems
and embroidered them using embroidery floss.


I used green 522, brown 407 and 3 purple blues: 340, 3807, 792.
The flowers were embroidered using a double daisy stitch,
called in French point de Berry, a daisy stitch is stitched inside the first daisy stitch.


I then added some extra flowers and leaves,
using some actual lavender as inspiration.


I think it looks pretty good
and Miss C. said it smells good,
the power of suggestion!

Happy sewing!


Visit thecsiproject.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...