Thursday, August 19, 2010

more back to school

Yesterday I showed you
the jeans and T-shirt I made for dolly,
now here is the jacket that completes the ensemble.


I used the same pattern
and created a Chanel inspired jacket
with raw edges.


And instead of using the T-shirt underneath,


As you can tell, Miss C.'s doll is not an American doll,
this doll has a chest plate and looks good in a tank top!


It went really well, even with little experience with knit.
I used an old tank top,
and cut it at the bottom, skipping the need to hem the bottom.


I thought I was done, but apparently I need to make more shorts,
it is still too hot for pants.....
I get to play doll some more!

Happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. That is one stylish girl! A Chanel suit, no less! When I was little, my Mom made me tons of clothes for my dolls, we never bought them! They even had faux fur coats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon Jour Morgan!
    I just received my wonderful package of fabrics from Provence today! Thank you so much for generously sharing them with me! They are beautiful! And wrapped so pretty. I love your card, too! May I ask where you got the neat stickers? Something like that would be perfect for wrapping things I sell in my Etsy shop. I think I will share some of the extra fabric with my sister who is a wonderful seamstress and quilter. She will love it! I will be sure to post some of my creations on my blog!
    Merci Beau coup!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...