Tuesday, September 28, 2010

holiday cards

and I said Halloween was coming up!
Well I was interested in taking this vintage holiday card workshop
 at Archiver's, and it was almost all filled up, with 3 months to go!
So I went, and it was fun!

Here are the cards I made:


it was all about layers and distressing,


with a few techniques that I did not know...


and of course embossing, and glitter....


these are holidays cards, so totally appropriate!


I also made a tag, quite distressed but fast to make!

The class was long, over 3 hours,
 I usually work fast, but I needed all the time.

Of course I had to get a couple new toys,
since there were a few new techniques,
there were new things to play with!
So I got a paper distresser (like a rotary blade but protected)
to alter, aged paper.
Probably safer than plain blade, after all,
Miss C. always helps me in my craft, I do my best to keep her safe!


I also purchased a glue pen, very precised and
 perfect to outline details with glitter.

I cannot wait to go play some more,
but no way I am making dozens of these cards!

Happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...