Thursday, September 13, 2012

little purple bed

Remember the little quilt I was working on last week?
I mentioned I had some building and painting to do...
well I did and finished my project:
a purple doll bed with a cute quilt!


I had made a similar bed for Miss C a couple of years ago,
but this one is for one of her friends' birthday, who is into AG
 (8 years old seems to be the time when they go crazy about that!)
The tutorial for this bed is from Ana White of course!


Here are the old bed from Miss C and her friend's version.
I made it a little less wide as suggested by Jaime from That's My Letter,
it is just the right size for a doll, like a twin size bed, while the other one is more a full.


Doesn't she look comfy in her bed?
nothing like a smoothie, a dog and a book to relax in bed!


I recovered some 1 inch foam with white kona fabric to make the mattress.
I made a simple lumbar pillow and a real pillow with a pillow case,
just like I did for the original bed.


And here is the finished quilt.
Because of the strong color of the bed, I wanted a not so colorful quilt,
I used only 2 fabrics, and a very simple quilting design,
making it possible to quilt in one continuous line!
Fast and easy.


The birthday girl was excited and very pleased with her present!

Happy day!


3 comments:

  1. Ooh this little doll quilt is so pretty. I love the colours :) Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is soo cute :) :) :) Loved your blog,followed you! Please follow me back at:http://aggirlforever.blogspot.in/
    I am feeling honoured to be your 105th follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Il va me falloir des lessons... Bug voudrait que je lui fasse un petit lit pour ses poupées maintenant :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...