Saturday, February 2, 2013

machine cover and blog anniversary

Today is my 3rd year blog anniversary,
and I am still having fun!
In honor of the day, I made something just for me!
Last year, I sewed this cute paper pieced sewing machine block,
and kept it as an unfinished project,
just enjoying it in my sewing room.
Until today, I was not quite sure the best way to use it:
maybe a mini quilt, a pillow cover?
Then I had the perfect idea: a sewing machine cover!
I could enjoy it often and it would make my room prettier.

cover with some of my favorite sewing tools: pin cushion and little sewing case.

I had made one for my mom out of Liberty of London circles a few years ago.
Since the main part was already pieced,
I only needed to add some borders and a large piece for the back.
I quilted it with just the batting, saving the backing for later,
(no need for binding)
then I stitched all around it (right sides together) except for a little part,
turned it right side out, and top stitched all around again.


I think it turned out really cute,
and it makes me happy!

Happy sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! Thanks for sharing it. Have a nice day!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...