Monday, February 1, 2016

heart pillow

It is heart season, yeah!
Which means it is time to sew some valentine's day decoration,
like heart pillow, for Miss C. of course.


And not just any heart pillow, but one with kangaroos, and pipping, and turquoise/sea/pool color!
(purple is so a few years ago! too bad Miss C. sewed her first quilt in that color...)



in the small size.
Because I used quilting cotton, I ironed some fusible interfacing to the top heart,
but not the band or the back heart.
I made my own pipping with a matching solid kona cotton.
It added a lot more time to this project, but I enjoy how polish it looks.
The kangaroo print is the same I used to make Miss C.'s manicure set.


Not that it needed to match, but it is the perfect print for her room.

We recently painted it white, very shocking to me,
but Miss C. was very rational in her choice:
she changes easily her mind about accent colors,
so everything looks good with white!
So mature, and here we are, with a white room,
with turquoise/pool and gold accent.


I think it was actually a really good idea, even if I fought it,
after all it is her room.
The turquoise blanket and the gold pillow are from Target,
the fake fur rug is from IKEA , the laundry basket is from HomeGoods,
and the chair is from PBTeen.
This corner has been a favorite place to read and play on her tablet.
Of course it would not be complete without a Paris calendar
and a kangaroo crossing sign!


Happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pillow! I like the color too!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ana!
    It is fun to sew little project.
    Hope your week goes well too!
    M

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...