Monday, October 10, 2016

an updated version of the harvest cake, apple goodness

With all the apples we have been getting from the orchard,
I have been baking a lot of harvest cakes.
The kids are eating them like crazy,
the cakes barely last a day!
So I started making double batches in the hope
I would be able to have some, coming back home
after a long day at work...


Well when I changed the pan, it felt not quite right.
So I changed the recipe with less butter and apple cider instead of milk.
I think I like it even more than the original recipe!


Ingredients
4 eggs
200g of sugar (7 oz)
200g of flour (7 0z)
2 teaspoon of baking powder
cinnamon
1 stick of melted butter (salt)
3 Tablespoon of apple cider
3 large apples, thinly sliced.
Mix everything together in order, one at a time!
Bake at 375 for about 30-35 minutes, until golden-brown.


Eat warm or cool, depending on your preferences,
or if you want to make sure there is cake,
warm is definitively better!



It is a disappearing cake,
I see more baking in my future...

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...