Friday, September 29, 2017

how to beautify your dog feeding station

Our family would not be complete without our dog(s),
which means dog food, water and food bowls.
As much as I love my dog(s),
some more (GBD) than others (Black Dog), 
(it is not like children, it is ok to have preferences!),
 Malou's bag of food does not really go with the kitchen.
So here was my solution:


 I purchased a cute metallic trash can from IKEA, and just put the bag of food in it,
 there are also enough place to store a few bags of treats. 
I keep the food in the bag so I have the number in case of recalls….


And it looks oh so much better.
I added a little chalkboard contact paper to avoid guest confusion,
in case they think it was an actually trash can!

After completing my little project, I check Pinterest,
and apparently lots of people have had the same idea about that trash can!
Here are some of my favorites:

1-Creative Home, 2-A Home Made by Kiki, 3- First Home Love Life


I had already taken care of all the toys in this lovely crate:


But I wanted to build something to hold her bowls of food and water,
she is the messiest dog we ever had!
From our basement demolition, I recovered some nice pieces of wood,
just the right height for Malou's feeding.
So I built a simple box with 2 large holes for the bowls.
She tried it out and it seemed to work fine,
until the next day when I realized the wood top was getting soaked
from her drinking, I told you she is really messy!
So I decided to paint the top white with glossy white paint,
it should be able to resist the moisture.


It was too skinny for the frame I found,
so I sewed some cute valentine fabric to the top and bottom,
just perfect for the spot!


So it went from an eyesore to a cute display:


and while I could not get Malou to pose for this post,
she likes it!



Happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...