Thursday, May 16, 2019

the farm quilt: some animal blocks

I am up to a really good start on my farm quilt:


On top of my five blocks from last time,
 I have now 5 more blocks of animals!

First, we have a blue bunny,
that one is paper pieced and not from the farm girl vintage book.
Blue might seems like an unusual color for a bunny (except for ice cream...)


it comes from one of my favorite childhood musical: Emilie Jolie.

And of course, we need a dog in this farm!
I was very inspired by Bosco (our latest puppy),
and the pattern is from Ellis and Higgs.


Now we are back to 3 blocks from the book:
the hen,


the chick,


(I think the addition of the heart is perfect!)

and the sheep.


I still need to add all the hand stitch details, 
like the eyes and legs....

But first, I must make more blocks...

Here are the first ten:



Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...