Thursday, June 20, 2019

the farm quilt: the last 10 blocks!

Here are the last ten blocks of my farm quilt:

Most of the patterns are from the "farm girl vintage"
by Lori Holt,
except this little turkey:
Lori had a tutorial for it on her blog:


It is cute and childish, perfect for this quilt!

but let's get back to the book:

a little basket,

a sunflower,

a flower stem,


and some threads!

These next 2 blocks are also from Lori,
but from individual patterns.
Soon I think they also will be in her new book:

a sweet pink kitty (a memory for my sister!)

and a cow of course,
lots of cows where we grew up!

For mother's day, I received a new quilting book:
"spelling bee"


which is the perfect addition to my farm quilt,
the blocks are also 6 x 6.

So I choose the globe,


which I will embroider with a map of the US and Europe,

and a little butterfly.

My last block is this Dala horse from Moda Bake Shop

not really farmish,
but ideal for a little girl born is Scandinavia.
I previously made a cute little bag with this block:




So here are all my 35 block: 


now it is time to assemble the top,
quilt and bind it
and all of the details....

Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...