Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Paris, je t'aime

Paris, the name brings back memories of major adventures, as a kid or as an adult.
It was the places of all cool stuff, the very special outing for end of the school year, the camp that took us to Versailles...
Now it represents mostly the airport!
I know, a little sad but after more than 15h of travels and 2 little kids, I just want to arrive at my parents!

The part I would like to focus on is the Eiffel tower, after all it is one of the symbol of France, even if there are smaller replicas in the USA: las Vegas, Texas, Cincinnati (in an attraction park).
There is currently an exhibition celebrating the 120th anniversary of the tower....of course it is inside! (it opened to the public on May 15, 1889)

Recently my sister sent these cool t-shirts for the kids, pink for Miss C., the queen of Fancy, and dark and cool  for my Lego Master, the typical tween.
So merci ma soeur!



And as I was remembering my first time in the Eiffel tower (I think I was 8 or 9, with my uncle and my aunt), I felt like creating something based on it.  Just then I received the latest "Marie Claire idees" magazine from France, my Maman very nicely sends it to me. For some reason, I was able to find it in the Southwest but not in the Midwest.
Here is the link if you are interested in checking out the cover: http://mci.blogs.marieclaireidees.com/album/19800809644b4c44c0f3aca/
And there it was, the perfect project:


So I guess I will have to make another pillow!
I found some buttons at the fabric store, a bag of them for under $3, so perfect, buttons are usually so expensive! I have some leftover linen so I should be good to go.
I put them on the fabric and I think it looks great, so I just have to sew a lot of buttons.....
which is not my favorite part!


So there is a chance that this project will not be completed for quite some time!!
(maybe glue will be my friend?!)

Happy sewing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...