Tuesday, September 13, 2016

almost fall cider donuts

It feels like it is totally fall in Blogland,
and while we are far from being cool,
I could not resist making some early fall cider donuts.
Our local orchard has already a lot of apples,
especially my favorite, Honey Crisp,
so we also picked up some fresh cider,
and made some baked donuts.



I followed this recipe from Jenny Steffens Hobick.
It was easy and tasty, it made about 30 donuts,
and it might have been the main source of food from some children,
teenagers can eat!



From my experience, it is best to reduce the cider
from 1 1/2 cup to 1/2 cup and let it totally cool down before
making the dough, I was impatient,
and there is a difference in consistency between the first batch
and the later batches, so yeah, patience is important!

I will be making them again,
if we can keep this cooler weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...