Tuesday, August 13, 2019

working on a college quilt

It is official,
 Brick Master is starting his college life in less than 2 weeks!
We spent a fair amount of time shopping for his trousseau,
and I felt the best way to set him up for his new dorm life
was to sew him a quilt,
in the colors of his school.


Luckily for him, it happens to be colors
he likes: black and red, with a little grey.

I was inspired by this quilt from Pinterest:

college quilt idea
(no Utah for us!)

And here is what the top looks like:
bright and happy!

It is a simple quilt, just rectangles.
I like the woven aspect.
I still need to applique his school symbol,
and quilt it and bind it!
Luckily I am using fleece for the back and no batting,
so it might go a little faster!

A few people have asked me more details about this quilt,
so here are the quilted dimensions of the various pieces:




Here are some of the quilts I made for him over the years:

modern teen quilt

Noah's ark

Dungeons and Dragons

 and I Spy quilt.

So quite some work to do,
and a fast deadline!

Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...