Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Raclette for Mardi Gras

This year for Mardi Gras,
we are eating some raclette!


It is a rich meal, fun to share with friends and family.
Since it generates a fair amount of heat at the table,
it is best served in winter!


We always use our raclette machine
 (purchased more than 20 years ago, very sturdy!)
but in a pinch, the cheese can be microwaved carefully,
it is not as good but if you just want to try it out...

Finding raclette cheese can be challenging,
not every grocery store will carry it ou even every season.
Usually Whole food or Wegsman have it,
or even a fancy Safeway (not my regular one :( !)


The cheese melt below the surface, the bread and charcuterie get heated up on the top.
It is traditionally served and eaten on top of boiled/steamed potatoes:


My kids are not huge fan of potatoes,
 so they cover their bread with the melted cheese instead.

Either way it is fun and tasty adventure!
I must warn you that it is a fairly smelly,
during and after....

Happy days!

Previously, we celebrated Mardi Gras with













No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...