Sunday, November 21, 2021

picking chestnuts

Earlier in the fall, I went chestnut "hunting" in Brittany!


It requires walking under chestnuts tree and some good gloves!


It was a little too early in the season,
but we were able to gather quite a few:


We didn't roast them
(as I have previously done in the past: here),
but instead removed their hard shells
and boiled them with some salt.


The boiled chestnuts have to be eaten warm,
as it is easiest to pill the last skin before eating them.


It is a little messy, and fun and delicious!
And with a glass of cool hard cider it is perfect!

I hope I will be able to find some at the grocery store for Christmas,
other wise I know I can always find the candied version 



Another version that can easily be found is those little bags of ready to eat roasted chestnuts,
they are ok, not quite like the fresh ones but better than nothing!


And I enjoy eating them with Beaujolais Nouveau!

(Here for last year Beaujolais nouveau celebration!)



Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...