Tuesday, November 6, 2012

a visit and kitchen update

It had been 4 years since my parents visited us last.
While I was working for some of the time of their visit,
I did get to take them around a few times,
we went downtown DC of course, to Mount Vernon (Washington's house),
to Antietam and Gettysburg (civil war) and to Georgetown.


No family visit would be complete without some building and/or sewing!
My mom helped me finished some curtains (I truly dislike hemming curtains),
somehow she has been doing it for me in all my houses...
I know, it is very bad, I am a little ashamed,
but she told me she has been doing it since she was a kid.
She did it for my grandmother who was a country seamstress,
my mom hemmed for her pants, dresses and curtains!
Thanks again Maman!

My dad helped carry out my vision for updating the kitchen.
I showed him some pictures and ideas,
and we went to work, with my mom as the design consultant, a family affair!
I think it is going to be great, once I finished all the details!
My dad did most of the building, I was just the helper,
it was interesting to see someone with experience working,
I learned a few things, and it also confirmed my ideas
 that the most important part is to get started and
not to always look for perfection!
Now they are gone and I need to feel in the holes,
to caulk the edges, to prime and paint.
Yes it is going to take a while, but it is totally worth it!
Wanna see what we worked on?



Yes it is going to be good!

Happy day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...