While I should have been working on my apple embroidery,
I decided to sew a large Halloween pillow:
a patchwork of many prints, I seem to collect fat quarters of Halloween fabric,
and never do anything with them!
There are a few years worth of fabric in this pillow....
I had to do a little math (or more exactly trial and error...)
to find the right size triangles,
but once I had the size down, it was quite fast and easy to cut them
on a strip of fabric, just angled the rule at 60 degrees.
Each hexagon gets 2 triangles in opposite corners, like so:
I sewed them into a row of 5 hexagons,
then I sewed the rows into a "square".
I ironed it on some fusible fleece:
I simply quilted 1/8th from the seams, on both sides,
My pillow insert is 26 x 26, so I cut the square at that size,
I cut the back a little longer to sew in a zipper.
After attaching the zipper, I stitched wrong side together,
and sewed the binding around