Sunday, December 15, 2013

pretty tags

This year, I made a few fabric tags to accompany some homemade presents:


They were easy to make, I used this panel from Moda Winter's Lane 


See these little tags on the right side?
Just the perfect touch for hand made gift, or a little hand touch for a purchased gift!
I ironed some interfacing on the back of the tags, did some simple embroidery,
sewed them to some scrap fabric from the tree skirt, and finally added an eyelet.

For the bird gift tag, I went over a lot of the red dots with French knots,
it adds a lot of dimension to the tag.
 While it takes a little time to do, it is really easy.


For the birds in nest tag, I sewed a seed bead over each snow flake with some hand quilting thread,
it is sturdier than regular thread (I did not want these beads to fall off!).
Some of them are really close to the edges and they made finishing the tag a little challenging....


For the last tag, I did some simple stem stitch over some the pine tree trunks,
keeping with the nature and more masculine feel of the tag.


I think they turned out really cute,
obviously not every gift needs such a fancy tag!

I used the large rectangle of fabric from the panel to make another gift bag,


It looks so perfect with the woodsy tag,
yep it is all coming together!

Happy sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...