Saturday, December 21, 2013

skating outfit for doll

Miss C. did not win her contest, she was a little disappointed,
so to cheer her up I made her doll a new skating outfit,
and purchased some actual skates from Michaels.


I followed an old Simplicity pattern (4364),  it is the same pattern that I used previously to make
 2 dance outfits: a traditional pink one and a more modern white one


The fabric is a beautiful stretchy and shiny material,
a lot more pleasant to work with that those velvet I sewed with to make the ballet outfits!


The pattern is great for the leotard but I felt that the skirt was not right for a skating outfit,
so I came up with my own design, it is not perfect but I like the lines better,
Miss C. is pleased with it, which is always my goal,
she is after all my only customer!


Yep, she is happy!
But she felt that all the girls should participate in the photo shoot,
 so she dressed them all in some winter outfits.
And here there are joining Polly and her ice skating event:
Rebecca, Polly, Nevada, Mathilde and Camille in the sled with Pepper.




Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...