Monday, October 30, 2017

a little Halloween decor and celebration

Last weekend I took a break from working on the master bedroom for the ORC,
and decorated a corner of the house for Halloween.
It is one of my favorite holidays.
I like it campy and not scary,
and this year I am going for a black and copper look,
inspired by a trip by some paper plates from Target for our traditional party.




I was never into the copper craze, so I do not have any copper accessories,
luckily most things can be fixed by a can of spray paint!
I had an older grey lantern in need of attention,
and now it fits the decor perfectly.


I also slightly modified this cool Halloween banner from On Sutton Place.
It is a downloadable and print banner.
I printed it black and white (out of color inks!)
then I rubbed on some brown stamping ink.
I cut 1/4 inch wide stripes of copper contact paper (from Home Depot)
and applied it around each letter.

After cutting them all out,
I made some holes and strong them on the fireplace:
perfect!
Of course, the last touch is the food:


cheeses, "bones", cupcakes and mini apple pies!

Here are some pics of our previous Halloween Parties:

Here in 2016:

 

and here in 2015:


Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...