Thursday, October 26, 2017

updating the master bedroom {the ORC edition}: week 4

There are only a few more weeks on the One Room Challenge before the big reveal!
Wow, this is going a little too fast, 
note to self: work faster!
After repainting the bedroom, fixing the closet doors 
( I am still working on that part, lot of caulking, priming and painting..)
I am tackling the bathroom for a mini makeover.

And the best place to start is of course with paint.
I used Benjamin Moore Sea Salt in satin,
and just right there, it felt like the tile in the shower
and the granite countertop were finally meant to be together!


Of course after painting, I could not put back the same shower curtain...
so I found a new one with grays and blues (Bed bath and beyond)
that goes perfectly with our current towels (even better than the previous one!)




Then we tackled the light situation.
It was a tired looking light fixture in chrome
and we switched it for a retro modern one in brush nickel (Home Depot).


I want to remove the big glued on mirror with a giant scratch.
I thought about putting a frame on it but that would not fix the scratch.
So instead I have ordered 2 nice mirrors (also Home Depot),
they should arrive this week end.
That should take me closer to my inspiration board:


And finally I also updated the door, with molding like the closet doors:

I still need to paint the door and molding.....



Until next time,
happy DIYing!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...