Wednesday, April 13, 2011

new pillow for a favorite chair

With the living room/ office/ dining room painted
a nice shade of green
and the curtains made of drop cloth,
the house felt like mine!


But a little too blend, we had a lot of light color pillows or made of linen,
there was just not enough color!

I played a little more with the cigar chairs,
and found a better arrangement.
This chair is the Pottery Barn Manhattan chair,
we purchased it more than 11 years ago,
so it is getting a little old,
and it has had some abuse by the dogs and the children!


But it is still one of the favorite chair in the house,
and now that it is by the fire place and the window,
and a new colorful pillow,
it is even better!

Since I am still not purchasing fabric,
I used some left-over print from my fall table setting.


I did not have enough for the back,
so I used some more drop cloth,
I was able to skip some sewing by cutting the pieces
of the already sewn edges.
I made this pillow like the other ones here.


I added a little green pipping, also a left-over
from a previous project:


The new pillow has a great touch of color
and comfort....
now can somebody bring me a cup of tea?
I am just too comfy here
and do not wish to get up...
anybody?

Happy sewing!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...