Thursday, December 18, 2014

Day 17 and day 18: ballet outfit

Now that Saige has a couple of nutcrackers,
she needs a dance outfit of course!
I did not go the traditional ballet/tutu combination,
I have made those before when Miss C. was a little girl and into ballet.
(a pink one here and a white/turquoise here)
I went toward modern dance, and cooler outfit.
On the 17th, Miss C. received the leotard.
I used this free pattern from Lee and Pearl,
I used the same cotton/lycra fabric that I used for the yoga pants.
Because there are no leg holes, it is a lot easier to sew than an unitard,
totally worse trying.
And today, she received a cool dance t-shirt,
recycled from her own dance t-shirt.
I used this t-shirt pattern from Pixie Faire,
and I must admit I do not like this pattern,
 which is a first for this company.
It was my second time making it, and still
it did not really work out.
May be I need to use a different kind of knit,
it turned out all stretch out and very large,
I was able to fix some of problems,
and it looks good now, but it was not an enjoyable event.
Now Saige can dance and play with her nutcracker,
and I can remember Miss C.'s first nutcracker performance,
where she is just a tiny mouse....
Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...