Saturday, December 15, 2018

a little baby doll basket

It is Baby E's first Christmas,
and almost birthday.
I know she will receive a baby doll,
so I could not help myself and made a baby basket!

(not the actual doll, but the only baby left at home,
Miss C.'s days of dolls are long gone!)

I used this pattern from Made Every Day,
a well written pattern, and quite easy to follow.
Dana (from Made Every Day) was my inspiration for starting 
this blog almost 9 years ago...
So yeah, I was happy to buy her pattern!



I used a pink/white/yellow and green striped fabric,
between a canvas and a regular weight cotton.
It has not too much pink as my sister did not want too much of it.
The lining is more pink, with large daysies.


For the interfacing, I used some iron-on foam, usually used for bag making.
It makes the basket stable but still very soft, perfect for a one year old.


In the basket, there are also a mattress and a pillow 
made from the same lining fabric,
and a double sided blanket.

I hope she enjoys playing and carrying her baby doll
around with this sweet little basket.

Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...