Wednesday, December 5, 2012

little framed owl ornaments

Here are some cute owls ornaments I made: 


So cute, right?!


During Thanksgiving break, I was able to do some hand embroidery,
It is not my first pattern from Mollie,
I embroidered the tea cup, the gold fish and the cupcake using her patterns.


To set up those cute little owls as ornaments,
 I decided to not use a mini embroidery hoop,
but to make my own frame out of wood veneer.


To make the frame I used my sizzix die cut machine and cut 2 frames,
one of wood veneer and one of cardboard.
The veneer is not sturdy enough to stand on its own,
so I glued it to the cardboard with wood glue.
To hide the white cardboard (recycled with boxes)
I used some stamping ink to give the back a similar shade,
I also did that on the edges of the frame, inside and out.


Then I cut a piece of cardboard, larger than the frame opening.
I also cut my little owls, making sure that there were a lot of space around them.
The owls were started and ironed, making it easier to work for the next part.


I them wrapped the little owl around the cardboard,
folding the corners and attaching it all the back
with shipping tape!
(I know, not very classy but effective!)


More tape was used to attach the embroidery to the frame
and some twine to the back of the ornament.


Now to make the back more presentable,
I hot glued a square of orange/brown felt.


 and there you have it,
cute little ornament in wood frame!




Happy day!


1 comment:

  1. I love how you made these! Would it be okay with you if I add this to my Wild Olive Works board on Pinterest?

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...