Tuesday, December 1, 2015

advent calendar?

Today is December 1st, 
it used to be one of my kids' favorite days of the year,
advent calendar time!
But this year, for the first time in probably 13 years
(Brick master is almost 15)
we do not have an advent calendar at home...
I did not make any, or bought any Lego or Playmobil calendar,
even Brick master said he was too old for the Lego star wars one,
I think it is more traumatic for me than for them!
So I am going back through memory lane,
checking the ones I made the last few years.
The advent calendar from last year was a lot of fun
and a lot of work,
but Miss C. truly enjoyed her American Girl Doll calendar:
and I did come up with some many good ideas:
fire place, new outfits, day at the spa, nutcracker, Disney, cookies...
Another one that turned out to be really nice was the mitten advent calendar,
with 24 mittens filled with chocolates.
It turned out to work great to display Christmas card.
Oh those were the days....
Well I am off to buy a Lindt version,
maybe I can be the one opening the little boxes everyday
and eating the chocolates...
I might have been doing wrong the all time....
Nah, I still will share the chocolates!
Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas! We didn't do anything fun like this, just the Lego calendar. :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci pour vos commentaires, I will get back to you as soon as I can!

Christmas crafting: it was a busy month!

This December was very busy with a lot of crafting, sewing, quilting, baking. I found it easier to share on Instagram (not something I thou...